Centres of Arts, Culture and Tourism
International Museum of Modern Art MIAC - San José Castle
What to see
- Estimated duration of the visit : 1 hour
- Prices: Adults: 4 Euros; Children 7-12: 2 Euros Resident in the Canary Islands: Adults, 3,20 Euro; Childs, 1,60 Euro
- Opening hours:
- Museum: daily from 10:00 h to 20:00 h
- Restaurant: from 13:00 h to 16:00 h and from 19:00 h to 23:30 h
- Special summer opening hours (until 30th September): daily from 10:00 h to 21:00 h
- Gifts shop: 10:00 h - 20:00 h
The works shown at the MIAC are a reflection of an artistic generation that puts its output between 50´s and 70´s, with a particular work that goes beyond this chronological range.
Among the works exhibited at the Museum stands out the following artists: Tàpies, Michavila, Amadeo Gabino, Sempere, Mompó; Millares, Canogar, Rivera and Juana Francés, belonging to the group " El Paso," Mignoni, Gastón Orellana, Gordillo, Úrculo, Guerrero, Yturralde, Gómez Perales, Brikmann, Mampaso, Enrique Barón, Zóbel, Torner, Alechinsky, Beaudin and Le Parc. In regards to the Canarian artists highlights: César Manrique, Manolo Millares, Pancho Lasso, Oscar Domínguez and Cristino de Vera.
Services and Other Data
This fortress was built in the 18th Century during the reign of Carlos III, who belonged to the Borbón Monarchy. In those days three military buildings existed in Lanzarote: Santa Bárbara Castle in Teguise, San Gabriel Castle in Arrecife and Torre del Águila (Tower of the Eagle) in the south of the island.
There is no result for this search parameters in the area of the Canary Islands.
What to do nearby
Choose from the many options that the island offers for your accommodation. An unsurpassed variety and quality.